Big ideas in Health, and Physical Education 8
- Staying healthy by doing exercise that you like (dancing, yoga, walking, running, team sports, swimming...) is good for your body, helps you manage emotions and helps you feel better about yourself.
- Setting goals (like going to bed earlier three nights a week or taking a break from your phone once everyday) and reaching those goals makes us more successful later in life, makes us happier and makes us feel good about ourselves.
- It is hard to deal with stress and anxiety. It is important to know yourself well, know what makes (triggers) you stressed/anxious and know what to do to help manage those feelings (could be exercise, seeing friends, reading a book or just getting some fresh air...)
- Obsessive Vampire relationships are not healthy or realistic. If someone is hurting you physically or emotionally, you need to seek help right away. Relationships (romantic or friendship) should not be painful or filled with too much drama, they should be fun and supportive.
- Knowing yourself, knowing what you like and/or dislike and sticking to those values can be easier for some people and harder for others. If you are making choices that make you feel bad, it is a important to seek help and get back on track to being your true self.